A Survey of Recent Legislation
A Survey of Recent Legislation
26 Ateneo L.J. 87 (1981)
This Issue contains a list of the following laws of recent date:
(1) An Act to Submit to the Filipino People, for Ratification or Rejection, the Amendments to the Constitution of the Philippines, Proposed by the Batasang Pambansa, Sitting as a Constituent Assembly, in Its Resolutions Numbered Two, Three, and One, and to Appropriate Funds Therefor, Batas Pambansa Blg. 122 (1981).
(2) An Act Providing for the Election of President of the Philippines under the Constitution, as Amended, and Appropriating Funds Therefor, Batas Pambansa Blg. 125 (1981).
(3) An Act Providing for the Accreditation of Political Parties or Groups Defining Certain Rights or Privileges Thereof, and for Other Purposes, Batas Pambansa Blg. 126 (1981).
(4) An Act Reorganizing the Judiciary, Appropriating Funds Therefor, and For Other Purposes, Batas Pambansa Blg. 129 (1981).
(5) An Act Amending Articles 214, 217, 231, 232, 234, 249, 250, 251, 257, 262, 263, 264, 265, 278, 283, and 284 of Presidential Decree Numbered Four Hundred and Forty-Two, Otherwise known as the Labor Code of the Philippines, as Amended, to Further Promote Free Trade Unionism and Collective Bargaining and for Other Purposes, Batas Pambansa Blg. 130 (1981).
(6) Granting emergency powers to the President/Prime Minister, Presidential Decree No. 1737 (1980).
(7) Reserving to the President/Prime Minister Stand-by Authority to Issue Wage Orders, Presidential Decree No. 1790 (1981).
(8) Prescribing the Procedure Whereby the Republic of the Philippines May Waive Sovereign Immunity from Suit and Other Legal Proceedings With Respect to Itself or its Property in Connection with Foreign Obligations Contracted by it Pursuant to Law, Presidential Decree No. 1807 (1981).
(9) Amending Article 1146 of the Civil Code, Presidential Decree No. 1755 (1980).
(10) Requiring Compliance with Competition Bidding Regulations and Adoption of Uniform General Terms and Conditions in case of Certain Government and Private Contracts, Presidential Decree No. 1764 (1980).
(11) Conveying certain parcels of land of the public domain to the National Development Company for priority projects, establishing a special procedure for making available lands of the public domain for priority projects of the NDC and for other purposes, Presidential Decree No. 1766 (1981).
(12) Empowering the President to determine the terms and conditions of power contract of the government with aluminum smelter projects and for other purposes, Presidential Decree No. 1767 (1981).
(13) A decree to revise, amend and codify the Investment, Agricultural and Export Incentives Acts to be known as the Omnibus Investments Code, Presidential Decree No. 1789 (1981).
(14) Providing for the taxation of certain passive incomes, Presidential Decree No. 1800 (1981).
(15) Establishing the Central Bank of the Philippines as the Central Monetary Authority, Presidential Decree No. 1801 (1981).
(16) Prohibiting and penalizing the granting of permits for the holding of public rallies, demonstrations, assemblies and similar meetings of persons found guilty of rebellion, sedition, or subversion who have not been granted amnesty, therefore, and to persons charged with any of said crimes, Presidential Decree No. 1804 (1981).
(17) Authorizing the continuance of the system of review by the President of contracts, franchises, permits and other forms of privileges granted by the State, established under P.D. 1677-A, Presidential Decree No. 1810 (1981).
(18) Amending P.D. 464, as amended, otherwise known as the Real Property Tax Code, by granting special Authority to the President to provide flexibility in the real property tax system to meet economic exigencies and/or promote the general welfare, Presidential Decree No. 1812 (1981).
(19) Prohibiting courts from issuing restraining orders or preliminary injunctions in cases involving infrastructures and natural resources development projects of, and public utilities operated by the government, Presidential Decree No. 1818 (1981).
Providing for the trial by court martial of members of the Armed Forces charged with offenses related to the performance of their duties, Presidential Decree No. 1822 (1981).