The Issue contains short descriptions of some of the laws passed in 1979. These laws are:
(1) Amending Section Eight of Batas Pambansa Blg. 20, Presidential Decree No. 1627 (1979).
(2) An Act Regulating the Activities and Requiring the Registration of Foreign Agents in the Philippines [Foreign Agents Act of 1979], Batas Pambasa Blg. 39 (1979).
(3) To Amend the Second Paragraph of Section 104 and to Modify the Rates of Duty on Certain Imported Articles Provided under Presidential Decree No. 1464, Otherwise Known as “The Tariff and Customs Code of 1978,” Presidential Decree No. 1629 (1979).
(4) Freezing the Prices of Lands in Metropolitan Manila at Current Market Value, Presidential Decree No. 1640 (1979).
(5) An Act Imposing an Energy Tax on Electric Power Consumption, Batas Pambansa Blg. 36 (1979).
(6) An Act Amending Sections 34, 45, 51, and 72 of “The National Internal Revenue Code Of 1977,” as Amended, by Subjecting to the Final Tax Capital Gains Derived from the Sale or Real Property, Batas Pambansa Blg. 37 (1979).
(7) An Act Consolidating the Provisions on Travel Tax by Amending Certain Sections of Presidential Decree No. 1183, as Amended, Batas Pambansa Blg. 38 (1979).
(8) An Act Further Amending Certain Provisions of The National Internal Revenue Code, Batas Pambansa Blg. 41 (1979).